Monday, February 24, 2020

Morning Routine with Chinese Class Online



Many of the vlogs I have been watching on Youtube were just about daily routines, which makes sense because vlogs are not meant to give specific information to the viewers or persuade them, I guess. They are more like getting the viewers immersed to the vlogers' ordinary(sometimes extraordinary) life. Vague expression, I know.  I didn't even google 'what is vlogging' because I didn't want to make myself fixed on something about vlogging, which I think is a good decision for now.

But as I mentioned above, I was a bit stuck on a word related to vlogging. It is 'daily routine'. Thinking about daily lives, I find myself focused on getting much time to study Chinese. I typically don't make specific New Year's Resolution, but this year of 2020 I made a list and on top of the Iist there is mastering Chinese. I can say it has dominated my morning routines.

I leave my flat around 10:40 am. I wake up at about 7:30. I allocate the amount of time to put for things I think I should and want to do. I minimize the time for doing chores like washing dishes, sweeping the floor, and so on(I love my tiny studio. For sweeping it takes just 5 minutes). The rest are all about languages.

I deal with four languages. So I always feel short of time. It is because if I put huge amount of time on one of the four languages, I feel the rest slipped back a bit. But how  far the language slipped back differs depending on how fluent I feel in the language. For example, I don't feel much change even if I haven read a book or magazine written in Korean. I am fluent in Korean. I am Korean. On the other hands, if I skip a Chinese class, I feel the consequence on the next class. I stutter more than usual. A kind of strong feedback. As a result, I get to put more time on the language in which I am least fluent: Chinese.

For now, I am focusing on listening and speaking than reading and writing. My career is dealing with international customers. I deal with them face to face. In most cases, I speak English or Korean. But I sometimes have to deal with Chinese customers who can not speak English at all. I am the only foreign staff in the restaurant. Simply speaking, I am in charge of foreigners. I have to and want to be fully prepared. I need to speak Chinese.

Considering 10,000 hour principle, I expect that I can reach the level I want to reach around the age 48 or 50.

Visiting Korea, I bought a book of collection of speeches by Chinese personalities.

It would take 3 years to master the book.

My morning routine won't change much for a while.

You can check my Youtube: Morning Routine with Online Chinese Class











No comments:

Post a Comment